November 19th, 2009
Atul Gawande, leading surgeon and writer, and Margaret Hamburg, commissioner of food and drugs at the U.S. Food and Drug Administration, are among the confirmed speakers for the 2010 National Health Policy Conference (NHPC). The conference, sponsored by AcademyHealth and Health Affairs, will take place February 8 and 9, 2010. No other conference offers a more comprehensive and detailed look at health care reform.
You can register for the 2010 NHPC online.
This year’s NHPC agenda covers the depth and breadth of health care reform, providing a first-hand opportunity to learn how reform will affect 2010’s policy and research agenda.
Plenary speakers will outline the presidential and congressional policy agendas while breakouts offer perspectives on different aspects of health care reform from leading researchers, policymakers, clinicians, and advocates.
Confirmed sessions include:
- Reforming Provider Payment to Promote Models of Integrated Delivery
- Empowering Consumers Through Information Therapy
- The Nation’s Agenda for Prevention
- Redesigning Health Care Workforce for the Right Primary Care Skill Mix
- State Roles in Health Care Reform: From Medicaid to Exchanges
- Using Evidence to Design Benefits
- From HIT to Actionable Knowledge: Building the Research Bridge
- Special Session on Forming Accountable Care Organizations: Lessons Learned from the Group Employer Model
Don't miss the insightful policy recommendations and thought-provoking research findings published in Health Affairs.