January 5th, 2012
The most-read Health Affairs Blog post in 2011 was Tim Jost’s analysis of the arguments before the 11th Circuit Court of Appeals over the Affordable Care Act’s constitutionality. Posts on accountable care organizations, the relative efficiency of Medicare and private insurance, and other topics also appear on HA Blog’s 2011 most-read list.
Another post by Jost — on final rules governing how much insurers must spend on medical care and quality improvement — tops HA Blog’s most-read list for December. That list includes other posts on implementing health reform, as well as posts on bundled payment, medication adherence, comparative effectiveness research, and more.
The full lists of most-read posts, in 2011 as a whole and in December, appear below with links.
The most-read Health Affairs Blog posts in 2011:
- Analyzing A Crucial Battle In The Legal War Over Health Reform,
by Timothy Jost, June 9, 2011
- The Coming Transformation Of Public Addiction Treatment,
by Chris Fleming, August 12, 2011
- Is Medicare More Efficient Than Private Insurance?
by John Goodman and Thomas Saving, August 9, 2011
- Accountable Care Organizations: A Framework For Evaluating Proposed Rules,
by Mark McClellan and Elliott Fisher, March 31, 2011
- Implementing Health Reform: Health Insurance Exchanges,
by Timothy Jost, July 12, 2011
- Analyzing Judge Vinson’s Opinion Invalidating The ACA,
by Timothy Jost, February 1, 2011
- Michelle Obama’s ‘Let’s Move’ Is Losing Its Footing,
by Amitai Etzioni, June 28, 2011
- Berwick Brings The ‘Triple Aim’ To CMS,
by Chris Fleming, September 14, 2010
- Overweight And Out Of Shape: ACO Regs Need A Major Makeover,
by Ron Klar, April 7, 2011
- Proposed CMS Regulation Kills ACOs Softly,
by Steven Lieberman, April 6, 2011
The most-read Health Affairs Blog posts in December 2011:
- Implementing Health Reform: Fine-tuning The Medical Loss Ratio Rules,
by Timothy Jost, December 3, 2011
- Implementing Bundles Payment: No Pain, No Gain?
by Emma Dolan, December 2, 2011
- Implementing Health Reform: A Bulleting On Essential Health Benefits,
by Timothy Jost, December 16, 2011
- Patient Medication Adherence: The Next Act,
by Valerie Fleishman, December 19, 2011
- How Specialty Societies And Patient Advocacy Groups Can Advance Comparative Effectiveness Research,
by Norman Kahn and John Rother, December 7, 2011
- Study: Disease Registries Can Lower Cost And Improve Care,
by Chris Fleming, December 8, 2011
- Implementing Health Reform: CO-OPs, MEWAS, And Medicare Data,
by Timothy Jost, December 12, 2011
- A Health System’s Best Friend Is A Pushy NGO: The Role Of Local Advocates,
by Martha Kwataine, December 13, 2011
- New Health Affairs: Nurse Workforce Grows Faster Than Expected,
by Chris Fleming, December 6, 2011
- The States Medicaid Coercion Claim: More Rhetoric Than Fact,
by Sara Rosenbaum, December 14, 2011
Email This Post Print This Post
Don't miss the insightful policy recommendations and thought-provoking research findings published in Health Affairs.