“Value” is at the center of discussions of payment and policy, but value has different definitions and meanings reflecting the diversity of stakeholders in the healthcare system.
As part of our ongoing efforts to foster discussion about this important concept in health policy, on September 13 Health Affairs will sponsor a forum for policymakers to examine various frameworks for formally defining and measuring value and discuss the public policy issues and strategies attendant to their use.
National Press Club
529 14th Street NW, Washington, DC (Metro Center)
Wednesday, September 13, 2017
Among the confirmed speakers are:
- Alan Balch, Chief Executive Officer, Patient Advocate Foundation
- Rena Conti, Assistant Professor, Departments of Pediatrics & Public Health Services, University of Chicago
- Lou Garrison, Professor, Pharmaceutical Outcomes Research & Policy Program, School of Pharmacy, University of Washington
- Anna Hyde, Vice President, Advocacy & Access, Arthritis Foundation
- Jeroen Jansen, Evidence Synthesis Expert, Innovation and Value Initiative
- Darius Lakdawalla, Quintiles Professor of Pharmaceutical Development and Regulatory Innovation, University of Southern California
- Peter Neumann, Professor of Medicine, Tufts Medical Center/Tufts University
- Sam Nussbaum, Quintiles Senior Fellow, Leonard D. Schaeffer Center for Health Policy & Economics, University of Southern California
- Kavita Patel, Non-Resident Senior Fellow, Brookings Institution
- Michael Sherman, Senior Vice President and Chief Medical Officer, Harvard Pilgrim Health Care
Health Affairs is grateful to the Innovation and Value Initiative for its generous support of the event.